Visiting Martha’s Vineyard – It’s as Easy as 1, 2, 3
Give yourself the green light for planning your vacation on Martha’s Vineyard! Whether you’re staying one day or many days, in any season, you’ll find following these simple steps for finding your way, staying and playing on the Island is as easy as 1, 2, 3.
- Decide on whether you want to bring your car. If so, you will need to make
reservations on the SSA ferry, the only way to bring your car to the Island.
- If you decide not to bring your car, you can utilize any of the ferries serving the Island.
- Getting here is easy when you know where you’re going.
- Taking the bus from NY or Boston? MVOL.com’s got that covered too!
2. GETTING SETTLED
- Take a moment to acquaint yourself with each of the six Island towns and what they have to offer.
- When you decide where you’d like to stay, search our extensive database for accommodations or, you can search for homes to rent for extended stays of a week or more.
- If you’re undecided which town best suites you, our listings can also be sorted by type of accommodations: inns, hotels, B&Bs etc. Each listing will provide info on rates, location and other useful details.
- You will have to contact the accommodation to inquire about availability, or contact a realtor to secure your reservation.
3 – GETTING THE MOST OUT OF YOUR STAY
- Visit the Vineyard Gazette’s Calendar of Events to check what’s going on while you are here.
- Browse our extensive list of restaurants and their menus.
- Inform your self about Vineyard Transit Authority bus schedules.
- Find the best beach for you.
- Check out town websites for information on shellfish permitting, beach stickers, trash pick-up and other municipal services.