41.39N 70.62W

Marriage Licenses in Massachusetts

All people who marry in Massachusetts must have a marriage license issued in Massachusetts. For More Information, contact a Town Clerk within the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Please note it is no longer necessary to notify the town clerk within the town you are getting married. Any ordained ministers or clergymen, and justices of the peace may perform weddings. Out-of-state clergy need to obtain a Certificate of Authorization from the Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth before the wedding ceremony. A non-minister or non-justice of the peace (such as a relative or family friend) may receive from the Governor, for a fee, special one-time permission to perform a marriage.

One Ashburton Place, Room 1611, Boston, MA