Pathways 2017 Season Grande Finale Multi Arts Celebration.
6:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Address: 9 State Road
Admission fee: Free
Relevant Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/115474249004507/
Pathways ARTS 2017 Winter-Spring Season comes to an end with a multi-arts evening to celebrate, with music, spoken word, video and visual arts, cake and champagne.
Grande Finale starts at 7 pm with:
- Music by classically trained harpist and singer songwriter, NATALIE LURIE. With a versatile background in different genres, Lurie is known for taking command of the stage whether it be the King’s College Choir in King’s Chapel in Cambridge, England or performing in a more intimate space. She will accompanied by a guest musician.
- MARK LOVEWELL presents a song dedicated to Jimmy Morgan, a retired Menemsha commercial fisherman; and tells a story about Roy Campbell and his fishing boat Roann. Campbell was a commercial fisherman from Vineyard Haven, and the Roann, now belonging to the Mystic Seaport, was berthed in Menemsha last summer as part of the “Meet Your Fleet” event. He will end with a sea chantey song for a sing along.
- Artist couple, DANIELLE MULCAHY and WALKER T. ROMAN, a.k.a. Barnyard Saints, present their next short video, Episode 4, sharing their experiences exploring art fairs while traveling in a mobile studio across the US.
- Pianist and keys player, MATT STAMAS debuts a new direction in his music composition, incorporating electronic music elements.
- CHRISTINA MONTOYA presents a short talk and video from the Dance Emmersion Project that she attended earlier this year in Havanna, Cuba. It includes three forms of Rhumba and Oricha, and “Casino” Salsa styles of dance.
- Poet, SIAN WILLIAMS and composer, DEAN ROSENTHAL collaborate with spoken word and original music.
A big Thank You to all the artists who helped us with KEEPING THE LIGHT ON CHILMARK FOR THE ARTS!!