Martha’s Vineyard Wedding Planner
Martha’s Vineyard not only offers brides the romance of a Vineyard wedding, it’s also one of the most wedding-friendly destinations imaginable. From setting the date to to saying ‘I do,’ MVOL.com outlines what needs to get done and the resources available on Martha’s Vineyard to help you experience the most beautiful wedding possible. Congratulations and have a fabulous day!
Select your wedding date and determine whether you will be using :
- a wedding planner to assist you.
- Create a budget and compile a guest list.
- Select/book your reception site
- Select officiant and ceremony site.
- Book your caterer.
- Reserve any rental equipment you may need
- Explore, then book your photographer and/or videographer.
- Plan your music; start listening to cds and contact DJs.
- Select and reserve accommodations for yourselves and your families.
At Least Six Months Prior
- Begin shopping for your wedding dress and decide what the groom will wear.
- Select attendants
- Determine color theme and dress options for attendants
- Select and order all printed announcements .
- Finalize names and addresses for your guest list.
- Select your florist and flowers.
- Book your DJ or band.
- Make transportation arrangements
- Sample, then order your wedding cake.
At Least Four Months Prior
- Send out save-the date cards
- Be sure to tell your guests to visit www.mvol.com where they will be able to find complete on-line information on ferries, accommodations and the Island
- Plan and reserve the time and location for your wedding rehearsal and rehearsal dinner
- Order your party favors (earlier is better if they need to be engraved)
- Plan your honeymoon; visit travel agencies, make reservations
- Make all deposits and get all contracts signed
Three Months Prior
- Choose gifts for attendants, parents, helpers
- Buy wedding rings
- Buy cake knife, toasting glasses, and guest book
- Begin to shop for the honeymoon
- Complete bridal registries
Two Months Before Wedding
- Address invitations/announcements and mail
- Place orders for refreshment items not included in catering contract
- Apply for your marriage license
- Finalize all outstanding details
- Confirm honeymoon reservations
- Have final fittings for you and your attendant’s dresses
- Ask friend or relative to take charge of guest book at the reception
- Pick up wedding rings
- If possible check in with guests who have not responded
- Enjoy your rehearsal & dinner
- Confirm all arrangements for the wedding day
- Check in with all service providers
- Lay out and check over all clothing and accessories
- Drop off guest book, pen and favors at the reception site
- Hair and makeup are done
- Distribute gifts to your wedding party
- Smile and say “I do”
Featured cake was created by Cakes by Liz