Planning to be on MV for July 4th? Be sure to check out these events that decorate the days surrounding the holiday like bunting around a flagpole.
1) Celebrating with a backyard BBQ? Start your shopping at the West Tisbury Farmers’ Market on Saturday, July 1. Produce, pantry staples meats and more.
2) For an afternoon’s entertainment what’s more all-American than baseball? The MV Sharks play two Home Games on July 1 at the Shark Tank at 2 and 4:30 PM.
3) Close the day listening to Livingston Taylor in Concert at the Old Whaling Church. (Advance tickets strongly advised.)
4) On Sunday, July 2 stop by the 20th Annual Summer Artisans Festivals West Tisbury Grange Hall, for crafts and true Americana.
5) On Monday July 3, explore up to 27 sites dedicated to the contributions of people of color to the history of the Island with Tours of the African American Heritage Trail.
6) The main event: Edgartown’s Annual Fourth of July Parade, BBQ & Fireworks! Celebrate the Fourth of July with Edgartown’s traditional parade & fireworks. Enjoy the traditional late afternoon parade then head over to lawn of the Dr. Daniel Fisher house BBQ!
7) On Wednesday, July 5th drop in at the Chilmark Flea Market for memorabilia and more.
8) Wrap up the 5th at the MV Campmeeting Association’s Community Sing at the Tabernacle where all are welcome to sing out songs old and new.
9) Come Thursday, July 6th, treat yourself to a Campground Walking Tour and get to know some of the charming gingerbread cottages up-close and personal.
10) That evening, savor taste of the Island’s ongoing ties to the sea at the Sail Martha’s Vineyard’s 26th Annual Seafood Buffet & Auction at the Tisbury Wharf. (Advance tickets strongly advised.)